Tuesday 3 January 2012

'The Fe-Ministry' Series :Shared Experience Black Feminine Ministry - Poems

Part 1

'Black and Bleeding'

Heart naked I lay here
black and bleeding,
yet very blessed.
I am reluctant
but not pressed.
I greet you pleasantly
yet without guilt or blame
my terms I name.
Tumultuous is my truth
and not transitory,
Yet I have been taught
to let the tide of tears
be the speaker that bears
the true story, the real tale
For I am but female.
Almost ancient and ardent
Set apart neither to complain
nor hide the pain
that we bare with Christ
Neither repressed nor forgotten
and mellowed by the human plight
my heart rises to a height
consistent with my conscience.
Deep within my darkest silence
Is where my innocense resides.
I would love to be your 'cheer leader'
but would you let me in, or see me out?
Neither rumbled nor beguiled
I stand beside you, and behind you,
like sweet honey droping dew.
Steady but not stagnant
steadfast and spontaneous,
will be my only response to you.
I am reverential as an angel
tranquil, and all encompassing.
When alone and abroad,
I am uncovered and hailed
Yet at home, with you
why am I hidden and veiled.
Why be so fear-filled?
Hear the voice crying out to be heard,
and screaming, to be honored by you.
Does it seem so impossible?
Not here, from where I stand
so steadfast but spontaneous.
Never stagnant, ever ready
I would respond to you steady
as honey dropping dew,
If you'd but let me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Poetry by Rev.Bola A.
(copyright: 3Jan12 -ARR)
-------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2

'Why Christ Came'

Christ was born,
Our souls to warn
With, happiness, boldness and daring
Not hatred, coldness and fearing.

He invites our capacity
For faith and audacity
To care for the masses
From all social classes

We must stand up, and fight off
This great parasite, of humanity,
That sponges on all, with no right.

The Earth is our home
And we cannot condone
Abuse, which will lead to catastrophe.

The Apocalypse draws nearer
With each passing day,
As routines of our lives
Fall in blind disarray.

Let's not look, with bewilderment
But face our predicament
By pursuing a more wholesome way.

With urgent compassion
Christ calls, in a fashion
That we all, might respond and obey
The Great Light, which He came to portray.

My sisters, my bothers
My fathers, my mothers
Its time, we all joined hands, to pray
For God's, intervention today.
-----------------------------------------
Poetry by Rev.Bola
(copyright: 30Dec11 -ARR)
---------------------------------------------


Part 3

'Snow White'

You are white
So you are excused.
Anything goes
No one blames
you for anything
You are white, snow white
So you are not responsible.
You are white
always right
What does it matter if you
disrespect me today?
You are white
White as snow.
you are allowed to disrespect
anyone you wish.
At the end of the day
you own the world.
Maybe you even
own the universe.
How dare I complain?
When you even brought Christianity
And civilization to my nation.
I should be grateful
no matter what.
Without you I would
have no education.
Without you I would
have no cause to be alive.
You even created my country.
You can slap me
as hard as you wish.
Say whatever you like
To me, about me.
No sin is too big for me
to tolerate from you.
No sin from you
too great to be excused.
It is my duty to forgive you.
Hereafter I am a Christian.
You gave me my religion
And told me how to live it.
So have your way with me
For you are white as snow
You can say and do
whatsoever you wish.
Who am I to hinder
your freedom in any way?
Whatever you do
I should forgive.
As a good Christian
I must be patient
with you and forgive.
So what if you
strip me now
of all that I have?
You gave me everything 
in the first place, didn't you?.
And now I see the light
Never wrong,
you are always right
No matter what,
for you are white
So white, snow white.

- - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -
Poetry by Rev.Bola
(copyright: 4Jan2012 -ARR)
-------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment